We work with our employers and coaching clients towards specific professional goals. These include career transition, interpersonal and professional communication, performance management, organizational effectiveness, managing career and personal changes, developing executive presence, enhancing strategic thinking, dealing effectively with conflict, and building an effective team within an organization.
Career & Transition Consulting-Outplacement
Our process provides your employees personalized support as they move through the specific stages involved in a job search – from assessing individual career goals and job search parameters to negotiating offers and navigating through the first 90 days in their new position.
Key Components of our Consulting Services Include:
- Self Assessment: identify interests and work preferences to determine whether they are aligned with skills, education and abilities. In-depth self assessments tools that give insight and guidance for best-fit career choices.
- Resume development: write a current attention-grabbing resume that reflects the position desired and conveys the right message to potential employers
- Job search strategies for finding the best opportunities in today’s job market
- Create an introduction that is an effective marketing tool
- Write Cover letters, social media profiles and other marketing tools
- Network and build relationships that get introductions to companies that are of interest to determine fit and further consideration. Understand the differences between various networking methods and prepare for each
- Prepare for job interviews
- Effectively utilize social media to create your professional brand
- Effectively deploy LinkedIn as part of your job search strategy
- Assess and negotiate job offers
- Make an impact in the first 90-180 days in a new position
Contact us to design a practical, hands-on career transition-career management program that best suits you or your employees.
Spouse-Domestic Partner Relocation Support
Research confirms that the failure rate of new executive hires approaches 50%. Most of these frustrating and expensive failures are more the result of personal/family dissatisfaction than job-related issues. Relocation is a difficult transition for the new executive and often even more difficult for the trailing spouse-domestic partner and family. The ability to adapt to a new community, new home, new schools, new friends, and in the case of the working Spouse-Domestic partner another new job is critical for a successful relocation. Many companies help in career transition for Spouse-Domestic partners. If companies ask clients to make life-changing moves or hire new talent, they do not want to face the cost of losing a person because of family problems or trailing Spouse-Domestic partner dissatisfaction.
The career transition effort of the trailing Spouse-Domestic partner is a particularly challenging one. Lacking a local contact network and knowledge of the areas’ economy and job opportunities, the individual is often frustrated by a long search. Kent Employment Solutions has local experience and expert consultants that can help shorten the process dramatically and thus improve the likelihood of a smooth, successful relocation.
Kent Employment Solutions’ Spouse-Domestic partner Relocation Service provides individualized coaching to the trailing Spouse-Domestic partner in support of his/her career transition efforts. We offer hands on, high touch, customized services designed to address the specific needs of the trailing Spouse-domestic partner who is in transition. Help increase retention of your new employee but providing support to their significant other by helping them to manage their job search and land their next local position successfully.
We provide a range of career management and job search services for individuals in transition. The KES team has over 20 years of experience in working with individuals in transition. We coach individuals through their job search and clearly identify local opportunities that are the best fit critical to building a successful career based on reward and satisfaction.
Our process provides personalized support to individuals as they move through the specific stages involved of a job search – from assessing individual career goals and job search parameters to negotiating offers and navigating through the first 90 days in their new position.