We are calling all Senior Staff Accountants! New opportunity to take your career to the next level with this Accounting Manager search we have available with Greenberry Industrial. If you are ready to transition to industry from a role in public accounting or have already made that leap and want to consider a change, please reach out. Even better if you reside in Washington!
Our client Greenberry Industrial is a Subsidiary of NAES Corporation ($600 million) and parent company Itochu Group ($55 billion) – industrial fabricator and general contractor in oil & gas, pulp & paper, nuclear, manufacturing, chemical, power & energy, hydro & marine, high technology, food processing, material handling (serve clients such as Amazon, Boeing, International Paper, Shell, Phillips 66, etc.).
We are seeking a CPA with three-plus years experience who has worked with or in a manufacturing or construction environment.
You will work with a great Controller who believes in allowing employees to own their role and operate independently once they understand the how and they why.
The average workweek is 40 hours except for peak times, mos/quarterly/year-end when the average is closer to 50.
This is a close knit group; they work well together.
Below are the specific job details:
The Accounting Manager is a key finance role in the department. The position assists the Controller in overseeing the day-to-day operations of the department.
The Accounting Manager will be a contributor in the monthly close cycle activities, including preparing or reviewing journal entries and account reconciliations. Providing accounting support to operational regions is also a key task for this role.
The Accounting Manager will perform ad hoc analyses to support business decisions. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will support other members of the department.
• Contribute to monthly close activities including preparing work papers, compiling monthly reports, and preparing reconciliations
• Ensure compliance with internal controls, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and accounting policies
• Coordinate internal controls and financial audit requests between GB finance and auditors
• Prepare and review journal entries and develop supporting auditable documentation
• Lead or support complex financial analyses and projects
• Act as the lead in providing accounting support to the regions
• Lead process and procedural improvements
• Participate in special projects and initiatives as necessary, including system implementations
• Assist with other processes and duties assigned by GB Controller
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Operate from established and well-known procedures under general directions and minimum supervision. Decisions are made within prescribed operating guidelines.
• Informally makes recommendations concerning long-range planning.
• Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a high degree of complexity. Errors in work could affect the validity and timeliness of financial reporting, as well as client relations.
• Contacts are normally made with others inside and outside the company, including other departments, immediate associates, and own supervisor.
• Contacts are normally made on own initiative requiring explanation, discussion, interpretation, or approvals.
• All employees have the responsibility to both the customer and their co-workers to do the job right the first time and to ensure the customers’ needs are being met.
SPECIFIC SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles and practices and financial reconciliation and analysis.
• Strong knowledge of proper financial controls and compliance.
• Basic knowledge of financial analysis and business ethics.
• Ability to develop effective and professional working relationships throughout the organization, including GB regions and their staff.
• Demonstrated success at communicating at all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to take direction and respond to changing situations.
• Ability to manage processes, prioritize work, and meet deadlines. Ability to work independently and as part of the group.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to lead and influence others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting required and experience that demonstrates a thorough understanding of accounting principles, general ledger, job cost, and accounts receivable.
• CPA required
• Three plus years of accounting and finance experience in construction or manufacturing with strong business acumen.
• Additionally, public accounting experience is a plus.
• Experienced in project and task management with minimal supervision.
• Excellent analytical, organizational and communication skills.
• Proficient in computer software, including word-processing, spreadsheet applications, and accounting systems.
* Travel may occur up to 25%