Newly revamped/redesigned/reimagined hands-on Accounting Leadership role with local growing Medical Staffing Network established in 2010. Superb opportunity for Accountants who enjoy a blend of challenging projects, developing and leading a team, and the close routine. It can be remote from OR/SW WA.
Kent Employment Solutions has been retained to assist Icon Medical Network to identify an Accounting Manager to report directly to the CFO and manage a small accounting team.
Why join the icon team?
- Significant growth and expansion plans allow for immediate impact and visibility organization-wide
- Flexible work arrangements including the opportunity to work remotely from OR/SW WA or in the Lake Oswego office or both
- Certified Women-Owned Small Business
- A company combating healthcare shortages and offering alternative solutions
- Mentorship of CFO with extensive industry experience
- Permissive PTO – no accruals or caps
Reporting to the CFO, the Accounting Manager leads the day-to-day activities and continuous improvement of the accounting team. The Manager ensures accounting compliance with GAAP, Company policies and procedures, and the efficient and accurate closing of the company’s financial statements on a monthly and annual basis. The Manager has overall responsibility for general ledger accounting, internal controls, financial audit, tax, treasury, and banking relationships.
DAY to DAY
- Direct the day-to-day accounting operations of the business, including but not limited to payroll, billing teams, travel support, and sales support
- Manage and develop the accounting team
- Oversee their work and provide guidance and direction
- Provide support and assistance to them if needed
- Manage performance via establishing expectations, guiding them on how to master their role, provide coaching and corrective discipline appropriately when/if needed
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all accounting functions
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements, as well as compliance with the requirements of government contracts, loan agreements, leases, and other agreements
- Ensure the Accounting Department produces timely and accurate reports, including a monthly financial report, weekly statement of revenue, financial forecasts, and annual budgets
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled in an accurate and timely manner
- Coordinate and manage all company audits
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer to prepare the organization’s annual budget
- Develop and maintain internal controls to safeguard the organization
- Assist in the management of the company’s banking relationships, including credit cards
- Support leadership and others in the organization with ad-hoc requests related to all areas of accounting and finance
- Identify and promote efficiency and effectiveness through improved processes and automation
- Deliver continuous improvement by assessing problem situations, identifying root causes, gathering, and processing relevant information, generating possible solutions, and making recommendations and, or resolving the problem
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 8+ years accounting experience, with 3+ years at a manager/supervisory level
- Honed critical thinking skills, able to make sound decisions, thrive, and pivot as necessary in a fast-paced solutions environment
- Proficiency with accounting software such as QuickBooks and MS Excel
- Vendor Management Software, Ultra Staff experience a plus
- Observant with keen business acumen, able to meet deadlines and pivot as needed
- Able to proactively guide, mentor, and positively influence culture and professionalism
- Strong communication skills written and verbal
- Customer-centric and employee focused
- Self-motivated and accountable, able to thrive independently with limited oversite
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
ICON Medical Network is a locum tenens provider creating national solutions for physician and advanced practice staffing. Founded in 2010, the company places physicians and advanced practitioners on locum tenens assignments at hospitals, health systems, medical practices, clinics, and other healthcare facilities throughout the United States.
In March of 2021, the company was acquired by Janet Elkins, who serves as the CEO. Elkin was inducted into the Staffing Analysts Hall of fame in 2016, recognized by HRO Today as a Superstar in 2015 and 2019. Ashley Simpson, a prior managing partner of ICON, has remained on the board and currently serves as the Chief Development Officer.
Elkin and her team are determined to revolutionize the staffing industry by prioritizing the needs of the facilities they serve and the providers they place. ICONs commitment to integrity and innovation has contributed to its success, steady growth, and reputation as a top locum tenens company.
- Leadership, Collaboration, Integrity
- Accountability, Passion, Quality
Compensation – $90-110K Annually DOE
Permissive PTO (no accrual or cap), four medical options, safe harbor 401K with Roth option, and employer match of up to 4%.
Kent Employment Solutions is exclusively retained to handle this confidential search. We are sourcing, screening, and vetting any potential candidates. We appreciate you respecting the process.