Kent Employment Solutions is excited to be handling the recruitment of a CFO/Business Manager for our NW Portland Architectural client, Opsis Architecture. This is an exciting time to join the firm and offer outside experience and fresh insights and continue to grow and foster an inclusive culture, allowing a cherished 20+ year Business Manager to feel comfortable transitioning into retirement. Reach out to learn more about why you want to be a part of this organization. – email@example.com.
The CFO Business Manager manages, directs, and implements strategic and day-to-day business and financial planning, operations, Human Resources, and Administrative Services for the firm.
The ideal candidate brings superior financial foresight and business acumen, a sense of humor, and shared ideals-put people first. The organization seeks someone with a commitment to innovation and sustainability and a pragmatic tactical approach to every decision and action.
Day to Day
Financial Administration and Management
- Oversight of accounting functions and accounting staff (payroll, AR/AP, collections, administration, etc.)
- Ongoing cash flow management and firm financial strategy
- FAR-compliant overhead management, planning, budgeting & forecasting
- Planning coordinated with consulting CPA
- Management of financial software (Deltek) and data
- Coordinate annual and periodic partnership documentation and associated work of the business attorney
- Coordinate transactions and transfers, associated agreements, promissory notes, and related documents
- Administer partner distributions
- Legal compliance for all states in which Opsis does business to include (OR, WA, ID, AZ, MT, WY & some light work in CA)
- Prepare annual professional liability insurance application/renewal.
- Prepare and manage all general liability, worker’s compensation, and related insurance policies
- Coordinate with the insurance provider(s) and legal counsel with respect to claims and potential claims
- Maintain compensation system
- Foster firm’s culture
- Oversee annual benefits and insurance procurement process
- Manage and implement an annual employee review process
- Lead, mentor, and grow administration, accounting and finance, and HR staff
- Interact with outside HR consults
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, and Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Accounting, or similar discipline
- Eight years or more of experience in corporate accounting and business management
- Acute attention to detail, producing efficient and accurate work
- Both tactical and strategic. Balances long-term vision and change management plans with the day to day needs of the team and business
- Flexible, adaptable, and empathetic, someone who is rooted in the mission and committed to fostering a culture of innovation, diversity & inclusion
- A clear communicator with a personable demeanor and a sense of humor
- Consultative, able to build trust
- Confident, but without ego
- Experience with professional services business administration
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
About our Client:
Our client, Opsis Architecture, was founded in June 1999 by Alec Holser, Jim Kalvelage, and James Meyer. Opsis was conceived as a design-first studio manifesting the creativity and open discourse they experienced in design studios at the University of Oregon Architecture School. They envisioned setting a standard regionally and nationally for design excellence rooted in placemaking and integral sustainability that would be realized through an open and participatory design process.
The name is the Greek root for “vision making.” Opsis represents the bringing together of elements distilled into innovative, contextual, and evocative architecture. The name embodies an aspiration to discover the inherent possibilities and unique voice within each project. They embrace an inclusive design culture envisioned to grow and evolve.
Today, Opsis is a thriving firm with a diverse practice led by seven partners. Our trajectory to national prominence was recognized in the 2018 Architect magazine Architect 50 program. Our listing is 24th countrywide and based on the quality of design, integration of sustainability, and business practices.
15 days of PTO increasing overtime to 30 days
3% 401K contribution from the firm
Generous medical, dental, and vision offerings
9 paid holidays
Salary for the role is $140-160K plus-DOE
Kent Employment Solutions is exclusively retained to handle this recruitment, and Aria HR is partnering as usual in the recruitment process. We are sourcing, screening, and vetting any potential candidates. Our client should not be contacted directly. We appreciate you respecting the process by directly reaching out at firstname.lastname@example.org/503.293.5627.
Due to COVID, employees work remotely until it is safe to return to the HQ in NW Portland on Lovejoy.