Kent Employment Solutions is partnering with our client Galt Foundation to fill a newly created role-Corporate Controller. Galt Foundation is a mission-driven nonprofit that is positioning for extensive growth over the next 5 years. Our client is transitioning from 100% BPO by the parent company to working independently with a target date for the new fiscal year-November 1, 2021.
Currently, Galt Foundation is operating in Oregon, Oklahoma, and Pennsylvania with eight centers. The Controller will help scale up the business with targeted growth of approximately 125% over the next five years, adding a new state annually.
The targeted candidate profile includes a bachelor’s degree in Finance/Accounting and six years of accounting experience, preferably with some experience working in a nonprofit. We value someone who can lead, possesses a passion for data mining and analysis, and is keen to work with a mission-based organization; if this sounds like you, reach out to me directly at email@example.com for more information today.
Why join Galt Foundation?
- Strategic involvement and immediate ability to influence
- Making a difference – Galt Foundation promotes and expands employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities
- Select and implement best practices and systems
- Work with a patient, compassionate, accountable, and energetic Head of Ops
- Flexible work arrangement
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Corporate Controller is responsible for the finance and accounting operations of the organization and manages a small team made up of AP, AR & Cash, Contracts, and Payroll. The Controller will transition the F/A functions from 100% BPO service by the Canadian parent company to fully independent internal accounting and reporting. The Controller will also scale the business, and its processes with 125% targeted growth over the next five years. The Controller will help stabilize, standardize, and modernize the organization.
DAY to DAY
- Oversee all accounting and financial functions, including budgets, financial reporting, tax, and audit
- Stabilize, standardize and modernize tech platform for back, middle and front office. The candidate would be part of the selection (likely Microsoft Dynamics) and project execution (fall 2021) of the back office. Software already selected includes Bull Horn, BambooHR, PandaDoc, and People 2.0
- Establish the accounting team replacing accounting functions spread throughout the organization (payroll, AP, AR, contracts)
- Hire, mentor, and lead accounting staff to ensure the integrity, efficiency, and effectiveness of all accounting systems and activities and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Direct and manage the cash flow, treasury, and investment activities
- Ensure the integrity of funds and investments through oversight of all accounts
- Maintain regular communication with bankers, investment advisors, custodians of company funds, regulators, and auditors
- Assess financial performance, develop long-range financial plans, and establish company-wide financial and administrative objectives, policies, programs, and practices to ensure the company is financially sound
- Work with the finance committee of the board and assist in the performance of their responsibilities
- Develop an increased understanding of financial concepts throughout the company and understand each employee’s role in Galt’s economic success
- Ensure continual professional development and industry expertise by tracking and understanding emerging financial practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations
- Reflect integrity and practice the values and mission
- Maintain a current understanding of GAAP and Statutory reporting requirements.
- Manage all aspects of internal and external audits
- Interpret and leverage data to form critical business decisions, generate pro forma reports to evaluate and determine potential opportunities to increase efficiency and revenue
- Lead in an environment of growth, change, and at times ambiguity
- Demonstrate key strengths including resourcefulness, collaboration, and attention to detail
- Champion and lead corporate projects and initiatives
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration; MBA preferred
- CPA a plus
- 5-8 years leadership experience, including experience working in nonprofit
- Experience in the staffing industry or brokerage business model, public agencies a plus
- Robust analysis, data mining, and reporting skills
- Experience with accounting technology implementation (re-platforming) projects
- Experience with contract review and negotiation
- Ability to drive process improvements with a track record of leveraging data analytics
- Experience managing banking, insurance, investment, audit, and regulatory relationships, policies, and practices
- Desire to be part of the leadership team (strategic involvement)
- Ability to travel to various locations-minimal
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
The Galt Foundation provides, promotes, and expands employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. They embody their mission statement in everything they do. Their dedication to customer service has earned an outstanding reputation.
Galt core values:
- Live the Mission
- Act with Integrity
- Believe in Possibilities
- Work Fearlessly
- Empower the Whole Person
Galt Foundation believes that to build on a tradition of success, they must continue seeking out and attracting talented individuals. They offer a challenging work environment with opportunities for growth and development. Communication is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded.
A Few Perks
- The company is focused on values and mission
- Loads of growth planned
- Position of high visibility and influence
- Tremendous potential for innovation and process improvement
- Flexible work arrangements, mostly remote
- Limited travel (10%)
- Eight paid holidays and three weeks of vacation to start along with fully paid medical coverage for the employee and family
Compensation – $100-120K Annually
Kent Employment Solutions is exclusively retained to handle this search. We are sourcing, screening, and vetting any potential candidates. We appreciate you respecting the process by applying here or reaching out to learn more and discuss the opportunity.