Are you tired of quotas and commission-based roles? Here’s a chance to step into a corporate recruiting position and learn about HR, providing HR backup to a seasoned Manager. Our ideal candidate will have about six months of experience in a corporate recruiting department as a coordinator or staffing agency, preferably light industrial, customer service, or general clerical positions.
Our client Washman has opened a newly created position where you will own and drive the recruiting function for all 17 locations! Working closely with HR and the three Area Supervisors, the Recruiter will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent.
Washman has created a solid employer value proposition competitive with other retail and hospitality organizations. It’s up to you to leverage and build upon their offer and educate the marketplace. In this role, you will serve as the company representative, building relationships with groups, associations, and institutions throughout the Portland metro and SW Washington communities.
Washman offers opportunities as a second chance employer and provides compensation packages, bonuses, and tips, not to mention fully paid medical for employees and families. They will give you the tools to recruit effectively; you will leverage them to market the organization and attract and build a pipeline. In addition, you will imagine and develop training and recruiting programs and measure results. Your ideas will receive consideration and the resources to implement and execute strategies that enable you to recruit and retain talent effectively.
Hybrid Position flexible schedule /60% working in a private, secure office/40% remote-SE Portland, parking available
Base Salary of 60K plus family paid medical, bonus, 401K
Day to Day
- Develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the organization’s needs.
- Create job postings and manage advertising and marketing.
- Screen applications and select qualified candidates.
- Manage the interview process; schedules interviews, conduct interviews, check references and credentials and hire employees.
- Use established pay rates to present offers for open positions.
- Conduct background checks and employment eligibility verifications.
- Implement and improve upon new hire orientation, including managing and ordering company uniforms.
- Develop and manage the recruitment database.
- Collect and analyze data to maintain a current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in particular fields.
- Attend and participate in college job fairs and recruiting sessions.
- Assist with various HR-related tasks.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good energy and interpersonal skills allow you to connect with others and quickly engage and build relationships.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to imagine, create and implement sourcing strategies for various roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take the initiative.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems. (Paylocity preferred)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Understanding of EEO, ADA, and other related employment laws and guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 6 months recruiting experience
- SHRM-CP or HRCI PHR is a plus.
- SHRM’s Talent Acquisition Specialty Credential is a plus.