Reporting to the Executive Director, Galt Foundation’s Human Resources Director is responsible for the internal administration, planning, implementation, and evaluation of human resource policies, programs, and practices. This role will act as the subject matter expert in all areas of HR for internal staff throughout the organization. The successful candidate for this role will have a deep command and knowledge of employment laws around equal employment opportunity and employee relations and foster a harassment-free and inclusive workplace for all Galt Foundation locations.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
The Galt Foundation provides, promotes, and expands employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities. They embody their mission statement in everything they do. Their dedication to customer service has earned an outstanding reputation.
Galt core values:
- Live the Mission
- Act with Integrity
- Believe in Possibilities
- Work Fearlessly
- Empower the Whole Person
Galt Foundation believes that to build on a tradition of success, they must continue seeking out and attracting talented individuals. They offer a challenging work environment with opportunities for growth and development. Communication is encouraged, and excellence is rewarded.
Human Resources Administration
- Hire, train and supervise the Benefits & Claims Specialist by setting and monitoring performance goals & expectations and mentoring to optimize performance, engagement, and retention.
- Develop, implement, and administer employee handbooks, job descriptions, and HR policies and processes.
- Maintain organizational compliance with federal, state, and local laws on all personnel matters.
- Maintain the human resource information system timely, accurately, and discretely.
- Facilitate the separation process for all (in)voluntary terminations, including offboarding and exit interviews.
- Generate reports and provide metrics to spot trends, gaps for strategic analysis and recommend solutions and improvements to human resources programs.
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and processes to achieve continual improvements in the efficiency of department and services performed and propose action plans (budgets, resources, schedules) and their implementation.
- Forge an emotional connection between Galt employees (core and field staff) and the Galt brand.
- Ability to facilitate difficult conversations between staff members and or between staff and their supervisor.
- Prioritize responsiveness to employee inquiries while maintaining the ability to complete projects.
- Activate ways of working that support the organization’s core purpose.
- Create and maintain an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, and competitive advantage, supporting the company’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Create a shared vision, live the Galt workplace values, and inspire collaboration that sustains organizational and individual growth.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the leadership team of the organization. Work in partnership with all organizational groups, including Sales, Staffing, Technology, and Accounting.
- As a member of the senior leadership team, participate in the setting and execution of the Galt Strategic Plan in partnership with the board of directors.
- Be a good steward of company resources by monitoring, managing, and adjusting labor and funds used for operations and initiatives in Human Resources for the company’s overall benefit.
- Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and regulatory compliance of processes and systems. Provide information and potential solutions regarding trends that may impact the business.
- Communicate information consistently and in alignment with the executive leadership team.
- Establish and maintain a constant line of communication between the parties involved in decision-making and implementation.
- Liaise with the Galt board and its committees as needed, including updates at meetings and interfacing with committee members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Organizational Development & Change Management
- Develop, implement, and re-evaluate Galt’s organizational development strategy to enhance the employee experience and increase overall engagement.
- Develop and maintain rewards, recognition, and personal development programs that acknowledge outstanding performance and personal growth.
- Develop and execute change management and communications strategies, programs, and tactics to support organizational transformation.
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs.
- Develop a talent strategy for the core staff to meet current and future talent needs in recruiting retention and succession planning. Ensure adequate staff levels are maintained in accordance with strategy and budget.
- Support recruitment of core staff through posting job openings, screening and interviewing applicants, and conducting reference checks.
- Onboard new employees.
Compensation & Benefits
- Perform a total compensation analysis, which includes evaluating salary survey data, employee benefits, writing job descriptions, job leveling/classification, and pay equity implementation.
- Oversee the benefits administration (Health, Dental, Retirement, Worker Comp, STD/LTD, etc.) and conduct research, liaison with benefit providers, evaluate innovative strategies to enhance staff resources, and coordinate with Accounting on contract negotiations and benefits financial implementation.
Risk Management and Worker Protection
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all personnel matters. Identify and evaluate the risk to the organization associated with HR issues and make recommendations/decisions accordingly. Conduct investigations when employee relations issues arise. Investigate allegations of wrongdoing, provide guidance and support to the employees involved.
- Support and advise people managers with personnel matters to reduce litigation risk
- Oversee the processing and administration of unemployment and workers’ compensation claims. Seek to reduce costs by finding appropriate accommodations to assist employees back to work.
- Administer protected leaves, sick time, and reasonable accommodations.
- Ensure OSHA compliance.
- Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or equivalent experience working in a related field
- Preferred minimum of five years of human resources experience in a supervisory role
- Professional Human Resources certification(s) preferred
- Active affiliation with appropriate Human Resources networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred
- Experience training, developing, and managing HR professionals
- Operating knowledge of federal and state employment laws and human resources practices
- Knowledge and application of current practices and work related to equity, diversity, and inclusion across the organization.
- Multi-site HR experience, highly preferred.
- Required technical qualifications:
- Intermediate MS365 computer skills
- Proven HRIS and payroll software knowledge
- BambooHR and People2.0 Software experience is an asset
- Required behavioral qualifications:
- Strong alignment with Galt Foundation values
- Highly organized and superior interpersonal skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize to produce results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to thrive both independently and in a team environment
- Strong business acumen, understanding of financial and operational metrics
- Active listening skills, compassion, desire to help others
- Advanced ability to analyze and interpret data to gain insights and provide solutions
- Ability to handle confidential data
- Detail-oriented, accuracy
A Few Perks
- The company is focused on values and mission
- Loads of growth planned
- Position of high visibility and influence, serve as part of the leadership team.
- Tremendous potential for innovation and process improvement
- Flexible work arrangements, mostly remote
- Limited travel (10%)
- Eight paid holidays and three weeks of vacation to start
- Participation in the Executive Bonus Plan
- Fully paid medical coverage for the employee and family
Compensation – $100-120K Annually plus bonus and fully paid medical benefits for the family