The Role – Employee Relations
Conduct investigations regarding harassment, discrimination, retaliation, ethics, EEO complaints, and other possible policy violations, assist in implementing recommended actions; and partner with the employment attorney, department director, and manager/supervisor during workplace investigations. Coach managers on misconduct and performance matters; provide sound guidance based on established policy and federal and local employment laws—draft critical documents related to performance and conduct management, investigations, policies. Assist managers in Interpreting and administering organizational policies in compliance with federal/state/local employment laws and collective bargaining agreements.
- Conduct research, organize and analyze information from various sources, and form sound recommendations based on review and findings, strategically weighing benefits and risks of proposed actions.
- Distill complex information into a concise and understandable manner
- Actively listen and communicate clearly and thoughtfully with all stakeholders.
- Provide high-quality, timely, thoughtful guidance on complex, sensitive issues consistent with existing policy and values, and relevant employment law
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, and Qualities
- Superior knowledge of and experience in HR principles and best practices of Employee Relations, including investigation protocols, contract, and policy administration, facilitated discussions, employee engagement strategies, performance planning, and management
- Advanced knowledge of applicable state, federal, and labor law regulations related to HR and Employee and Labor Relations – PECBA, EEO, FMLA/OFLA, ADA
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion principles and practices experience
- A self-starter and clear communicator who operates with both compassion and accountability
- Utilize interpersonal skills to influence at all levels of management effectively.
- Flexibly maintain emotions and project a calm demeanor in stressful situations.
- Prioritize and complete tasks with optimum efficiency; prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, and demonstrate flexibility.
- Exercise confidentiality and discretion; effectively establish and maintain credibility at all levels within the organization.
- Utilize sound judgment, demonstrate professionalism, remain objective, and consider the big picture, assessing all dimensions of an issue for fiscal, legal, and people impact.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is located and Hillsboro and has over 1000 employees, including a small number of union employees.
Kent Employment Solutions is exclusively retained to handle this recruitment process, and Aria HR is partnering as usual in the recruitment process. We are sourcing, screening, and vetting any potential candidates.
Compensation – approximately $34-41 per hour
Due to COVID – Employees are working remotely until it is safe to return to the Hillsboro offices.