Our client cannot support our community without you!
Are you the type of person who acts in a time of crisis, who believes in creating solutions to problems that may seem insurmountable to others? We are seeking an empathetic, compassionate, solution-oriented HR driver to join our downtown non-profit client’s team.
Kent Employment Solutions has been retained for the recruitment of an HR Business Partner for Central City Concern. If you have 5+ years of diverse HR leadership and advisory expertise coupled with a Bachelor’s Degree, and a desire to be an active part in a mission of positive change, read on. If you have the confidence, strength, and emotional maturity to influence – Reach out today –
About Our Client
Central City Concern is a non-profit agency providing comprehensive services to single adults and families in the Portland metro area who are impacted by homelessness, poverty, and addictions. CCC understands that homeless people have problems that seem intractable—debilitating physical, mental, and addiction issues that keep them in a cycle of chronic homelessness.
The solution is not simple. CCC understands that the best results come from addressing all aspects of a person’s life. They bring together safe and supportive housing, health care, mental health, meaningful employment, and peer support. We are seeking the type of person who wants to come to work every day and play an active role in improving not only someone’s daily life but also impact their prospects of future success.
· Leverage your breadth and depth of HR experience in an environment that fosters new solutions and approaches over conventional tactics
· Since the early 1970s, CCC has grown in response to dedicate much-needed resources to a growing problem in our community and country, be a part of the solution.
· Generous PTO plan beginning at 4 weeks per year at the time of hire increasing with longevity and 9 paid Holidays PLUS 2 Personal Holidays
· Fantastic 403(b) Retirement Savings plan with an employer match of 6.25% in your 1st year, 8% in the 2nd year, and 10% in your 3rd year! Fully vested with your first contribution!
The Human Resources Business Partner challenges traditional HR systems in an organization in transition and as an embedded member of an advisor to one of the business units such as Health & Recovery. Housing, Peer Support, Employment. The HRBP supports the business through leadership, consultation, employee development, labor relations, investigations, and compliance. Daily problem solving, managing organizational change and development, and impacting social justice outcomes are just a few drivers of the work an HR Partner leads. The HRBP will also embrace opportunities to act as a knowledge expert to the entire business in centers of excellence such as compensation, diversity and inclusion, training and development, etc.
Day to Day
· Act as a trusted advisor to the Health and Recovery business unit leaders on both day to day needs and strategic direction
· Act as a single point of contact for the employees and managers. Ensure high-quality, consistent, and legally compliant HR support by resolving inquiries or directing to the appropriate HR team member.
· Manage and resolve high-volume complex employee relations issues. Respond to employee complaints and requests for support promptly.
· Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to members of management on topics such as coaching, counseling, career development, hiring, disciplinary action, and compliance.
· Act as an HR advisor on budget matters.
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge
· 5+ years’ work experience in Human Resources leadership/management
· Exemplify professionalism, empathy, and a sincere desire to contribute to the success of our employees and clients
· Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, or related field or a combination of relevant education and experience
· Demonstrates strong business acumen, leadership ability, innovation, and cultural integration capabilities, and understand HRs role as the conductor between the business unit and HR Services.
· Strong presence, possess the confidence and charisma to influence leaders as well as the emotional maturity to work daily with people in crisis.
· Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation
practices, organizational development, employee and union relations, diversity,
· Advanced knowledge of employment and labor laws required both state and federal
· Financial acumen, experience managing or supporting an HR or other business unit budget
· Experience working at or with a non-profit strongly preferred
· Experience working in or with the Health Care industry strongly preferred