Our Client Greenbrier based in Lake Oswego has completed a critical acquisiton of American Railcar Industries and needs to hire two administrators to shore up the team!
We have filled two other administrator positions, this is not a replacement, the roles are open due to growth. It’s a great time to join the company and leverage your 4 plus years of payroll experience working with a team that includes two of our placements, one last year an another who joined in August.
They are willing to train on many aspects of the role. If you have the desire to learn, grow and develop reach out to learn more about these opportunities.
The Payroll Administrator plays a critical/key role working within a department of four as part of the companies Shared Services function. The Payroll Administrator is a member of a customer-focused team responsible for full cycle payroll for multi-company weekly; bi-weekly; and semi-monthly US payrolls in over 25 states and a Canadian payroll with 4 employees. Pay groups are rotated monthly for cross training purposes and to ensure adequate coverage. The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail; obsessive about accuracy; proficient in excel, word and outlook; strong work ethic; exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to multi-task and accept changing work assignments; work independently while also working well in a collaborative team environment.
Primary responsibilities and essential functions:
• Process weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls and ensure data is maintained timely and accurately
• Audit timecards for reasonableness; investigate and resolve exceptions
• Audit payroll data, ensuring accurate wages, tax withholdings, deductions, garnishments, end-of-year adjustments and ensure W-2 compliance
• Data entry of garnishments and miscellaneous deductions
• Flexible to assist with changing payroll assignments and month to month pay group rotations
• Prepare GL entries for each processed payroll; reviews various payroll general ledger accounts that apply to the appropriate business units; and support account reconciliations
• Prepare manual checks as needed
• Process variable pay, stock, or other supplemental or non-recurring pay runs
• Respond to agency requests regarding employee garnishments and payroll tax matters
• Establish new and update existing written documents of departmental process & procedures using MS Word
• Enforce and document internal controls in compliance with company’s SOX procedures
• Identify opportunities and implement process improvements to continuously increase efficiency and quality
• Collaborate with Human Resources for payroll related matters such as new hires, terminations, merit increases, benefits, and change of status
• Ability to work under pressure and flexible to meet deadlines
• Integrity to maintain highly confidential and sensitive information
• Flexible to assist with changing payroll assignments as required
• Advocate for a best in class, customer-focused payroll department
Required Experience and Minimum Qualifications:
• Requires 4+ years processing payrolls with attributes noted above
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Must demonstrate a strong ability to listen and translate information into output that supports understanding and action from various organizational levels
• Excellent attention to detail & accuracy
• Handle multiple priorities and take proactive steps in order to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational and problem solving skills
• Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word and MS Outlook
• Excellent customer service skills and professionalism including patience, ability to listen and follow up effectively with all staffing levels
• Must be willing to work in a team environment and effectively collaborate with all members