Here is an opportunity to work in the renewable energy sector with a great Manager. In this role, you will work directly with the Project Managers and provide financial oversight.
Location: Portland, OR
The Project Controller will work supporting the Project Controls Manager and be responsible for managing project controls for engineering and construction capital projects. The project controls group is a support group that exists in the Group and is responsible for organizing project control elements necessary for planning, implementation, and timely completion of major projects. The environment is fast-paced, demanding, and has ever-changing needs and priorities that exist in the renewable energy development business. We need people who are self-motivated, pro-active, organized, enjoys a constant challenge and is able to work well individually or as part of a team.
- Prepare schedule scenarios and maintain project plans for multiple projects in various stages of development.
- Support project plan optimization and implementation, governance, and project controls best practices.
- Support project management with progress reporting including schedule updates, estimate at completion, variance identification and opportunities for improvement/risk mitigation.
- Monitor and advise project management on compliance in respect of the projects contractual obligations.
- Support project management with SAP tasks including requisition preparation, receipt of goods, invoice management, and actual cost reporting.
- Support Project and Engineering Managers in contract and purchase order preparation, bid document processing and tracking, and project cost tracking and analysis.
- Ensure that all scope changes are approved and properly accrued in the accounting system as appropriate per company policy and requested by project management and other appropriate personnel.
- Monitor and analyze project expenditures and availability control in SAP.
- Manage project and group documents within SharePoint/project folders.
- Inform management of deviations from established processes or budgets which may impact business outcomes.
- Adhere to effective internal controls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures used in renewable energy development and construction.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks over a number of projects at different stages of development and construction.
- Pro-active, detail oriented, results-driven, with organized work techniques.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-function team environment.
- Understanding of project scheduling and the ability to integrate cost planning and project scheduling
- Strong Excel, Word, SAP, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.