Has COVID found you tired of city or suburban life? Feeling a need for space and change of pace? Do you find yourself daydreaming of a home in a more picturesque location? What if work happened to be just down the road, amazing views of the river, and no freeway gridlock?
Well, look no further:
Kent Employment Solutions in partnership with Aria HR are kicking off a retained recruitment of a Quality Manager for our Columbia Gorge client Innovative Composite Engineering. Though best known for the NoLimitz brand of windsurfing masts, Innovative Composite Engineers is an innovative designer and manufacturer serving industries to include recreation, military, aerospace, and automotive. They are seeking a Quality Manager to work directly with the Operations Manager leading a small team.
If you have extensive experience with AS900 or ISO9001 quality systems, a bachelor’s degree, and a successful career of leading quality assurance engineering in a LEAN manufacturing environment, we’d love to talk to you about how you can create best in class Quality Systems through that drive continuous improvement and innovation.
Why should you join this team?
- Position of high visibility and direct impact partnering with the head of Operations
- Excellent benefits with up to 4% 401K match
- Interesting and diverse product mix with a wide range of industry customers
- Wait! Did I already mention running off to a scenic location in the Gorge – White Salmon, WA?
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Quality Manager is responsible for implementing and maintaining ICE’s Quality System. Provides support to engineering and manufacturing. Performs audits and evaluates audit findings for root cause and corrective action. Reviews specifications for consistency to quality plan. Analyzes quality problems. Interacts with customers to ensure compliance with requirements as relates to quality systems. Performs program development toward continuous improvement effort. Assists customers with on-site/off-site quality audits. Conducts supplier audits and assist in the flow-down of requirements of the quality system to suppliers. This role supervises a team of three, including QA Techs and a QA Engineer.
DAY to DAY
- Runs day-to-day QA operations and supervises the QA team
- Performs implementation and maintenance of Quality System
- Ensures ongoing ISO / AS compliance
- Supports internal and external audits/assessments
- Performs root cause analysis of quality problems
- Performs implementation of Corrective Action
- Works directly with customers and suppliers on quality issues & quality audits
- Provides manufacturing and production support
- Performs Quality control and implementation of continuous improvement
- Supports process engineering and develops & maintains process documents
- Performs inspections using FARO arm and develops inspection programs for first article and production items
- Trains personnel in inspection, proper quality procedures, and use of Statistical Process Control
- Leads & mentors employees in the use of quality tools, techniques, and methodologies to measure & monitor product quality
- Develops improvements in quality reviews, specifications, and corrective action analysis
- Develops LEAN initiatives toward continuous improvement
- Manages priorities and interacts effectively with others in the workplace
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in a role-relevant program and a minimum of 4 years of manufacturing quality assurance experience or a combination of work experience and education.
- AS900 and/or ISO9001 quality systems expertise and education
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods / SPC
- LEAN manufacturing work experience
- Able to perform hands-on, detail-oriented work
- Initiative and able to implement change
- Able to function independently as well as part of a team
- Recent supervisory or leadership experience
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
- Experience with composite materials manufacturing a plus
- Per ITAR regulations, applicants must provide evidence of US Person status by completing a U.S. Export Control Compliance Verification form at reception. US laws and regulations prohibit the unauthorized export of restricted technology to non-US persons
- ICE is a drug and tobacco-free workplace
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Innovative Composite Engineering, our client was one of the earliest technology companies to call the Columbia River Gorge home. Steve Maier founded it in 1989. The vision of ICE was to apply advanced composite technology from the aerospace industry to the design and manufacture of industrial and consumer products. That remains their vision.
ICE works with its customers to engineer solutions to their needs then moves these prototype developments into volume production. Capabilities range from pre-prig table rolled tubing to complex molded components. ICE manufactures a diverse range of parts for a broad customer base, including components for use in the oil and gas industry, surveying equipment, UAV aircraft for Boeing/Inset, furniture for Polo Ralph Lauren, and automotive, to name a few.
ICE engineering technology is cutting edge, and they truly care about their employees. ICE believes in promoting a growth culture that ensures employee satisfaction.
Some of the Employee Perks
- Small and diverse employee population, the chance to interact with the entire organization
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health and wellness programs (tell me more gym? Yoga? Counseling?)
- Innovative products customized for a huge variety of customers
- Profit-sharing Would still like to replace this with more detail or something else
Compensation – $80-100K Annually DOE