Hello Eugene area Accountants, new opportunity to work with an amazing Senior Accounting Manager on complex % of completion accounting and forecasting for innovative recycling and waste to energy projects across the nation and parts of Europe.
Kent Employment Solutions has been retained to recruit for a Senior Accountant for our established Eugene manufacturing, innovation, and design client-Bulk Handling Systems. If you are naturally curious, enjoy probing and exploring financial data, have an Accounting Degree and 4+ years of progressing accounting experience with job-costing/percentage of completion proficiency, superior Excel skills, extensive GL, and close process know-how, let’s talk about a chance to work and live in the Eugene community.
Why should you consider joining this team?
- Variety, there is a balance of monthly routine and project work. A blend of accounting and finance, national (multistate) and international
- Be a part of recycling and zero waste energy innovation mission
- A receptive leadership team, collaborative accountable team, and opportunity to influence processes and procedures
- Salary $85-95K
- A manager who mentors and listens, but doesn’t hover
Some of the Employee Perks
- A great F&A team, collaborative, authentic and genuinely nice people
- Opportunity to learn from a mentor with loads of manufacturing experience who enjoys sharing and is open to new perspectives
- Never a micromanager, she values curiosity
- Good health plans – Medical, Vision, and Dental including Orthodontia
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous pay for time off, including vacation, holiday, sick, bereavement, jury duty
- Tuition reimbursement and targeted learning and development opportunities
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Accounting, the Senior Accountant is an integral part of both the accounting and finance operations on this small and nimble team. In this role, you will collaborate with the SMCA and the accounting team to enhance the existing accounting function and to help make it a collaborative and efficient operation. The team serves to provide timely, accurate, and insightful information to stakeholders within the BHS community. You will be an integral part of various multi-functional teams working on continuous process improvements or specific problem solving. Your initiative, natural curiosity, knowledge, experience, and communication skills will allow you to identify improvement opportunities and take actions to develop and implement solutions. Within this close-knit accounting team, you will have exposure to every facet of accounting which makes this position a great learning opportunity as well.
The DAY to DAY
- Perform Month-end close – JE’s, analysis, actual vs. budget, and forecast
- Inter-company transactions
- Multistate Sales and Use Tax
- Foreign Currency transactions
- Prepare month end journal entries and general ledger account reconciliations for several entities
- Generate subsidiary financial statements
- Maintain intercompany account reconciliations
- Generate monthly financial package for outside investors
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of the company consolidated budget and financial planning process
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, and other financial activity
- Analyze trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to forecast revenue and expenses and develop departmental and company-wide budgets
- Assist with audits
- Establish and maintain accounting records for asset management
- Design and create management reports
- Act as back to team in areas such as monthly cost reports, multi-state sales tax filings, inventory control, ERP maintenance
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree along with 4+ years of progressive accounting work experience to include percentage of completion accounting (such as construction or other job cost industry)
- A CPA is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems, generating and analyzing financial statements, reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Budget and forecast experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- High degree of personal initiative and accountability, curious, hands-on investigator, process improvement driven
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, collaborative team player
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adaptable and flexible to embrace new ideas and techniques, intent on continued learning and continuous improvement
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is headquartered in Eugene, Oregon, Bulk Handling Systems (BHS) is a worldwide leader in the innovative design, engineering, manufacturing and installation of sorting systems and components for the solid waste, recycling, waste-to-energy, plastics, and construction and demolition industries. Wholly owned subsidiaries include Nihot (Amsterdam), National Recovery Technologies (Nashville, TN) and Zero Waste Energy (Pleasant Hill, CA). Clients around the globe choose BHS because of its experience, dedication to cutting-edge technology, quality construction and durability, and unmatched customer service. In business since 1976, they have won numerous industry awards and are poised for continued innovation and growth.
BHS has recently added some new leaders in areas such as Accounting and Finance and HR and the business, though well established, is open to fresh perspectives to improve the business. There is substantial room to grow and expand the business both nationally and internationally, so this is an exciting time to join and help to influence.
Compensation – $85-95K Annually DOE