Salary Range-100-120K plus bonus and benefits
Kent Employment Solutions, in affiliation with Aria HR, has an exciting Senior Product Manager position available. You will be joining a marketing team poised to discover, unleash, and execute the entire expanse of a renowned product portfolio with a highly loyal customer base. You will help lead the development and expansion of products, new channels, and new and underserved customers. Our client Herb Pharm has asked us to find an experienced Senior Product Manager with experience and a passion for the wellness space.
If you have 10+ years of product marketing/management of an extensive product portfolio and demonstrable success increasing shopper marketing and consumer experience in both brick and mortar and eCommerce, reach out to us!
Why should you join this team?
- Best in class product quality, colossal product variety, certified organic, loyal customer base
- Small company culture and feel, but industry pioneers with extensive herbal knowledge and #1 brand in the US
- An opportunity to partner with a VP of Marketing who has transformed marketing strategies and catapulted numerous organic/natural brands before and is ready to do so again.
- A broad scope of responsibility and influence
- Certified B-Corp since February 2018-Impact score of 92.7
Reporting to the VP of Marketing, the Senior Product Manager develops a comprehensive product strategy to deliver the revenue and profitability goals of Herb Pharm. Create a vision and roadmap for the product (current and innovation) based on input from internal stakeholders, customers, market research, and industry insights.
The Senior Product Manager is an excellent cross-functional leader and works effectively with other teams to deliver products that align with the brand vision, meet market needs, and deliver consistently high-quality standards. They are the commercial leader and develops and executes the new product critical path.
The Senior Product Manager is accountable for shopper marketing excellence and oversees the consumer experience at the shelf, both in brick and mortar and digital applications.
The Senior Product Manager will be a thought leader at Herb Pharm. They identify the key benefits and value of products and work with sales, marketing, and regulatory to deliver on consumer needs and ensure that marketing plans and materials (including web updates, product training materials, and sales training) uphold the product vision.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for working cross-functionally to lead Herb Pharm into a digital product management system to support an evolving omnichannel business model.
The Senior Product Manager establishes key performance indicators (KPIs) for specific product groups and SKUs. They will develop and present comprehensive business cases to senior executives and leads business reviews to ensure that the team prioritizes the work and delivers the most customer value in the fastest time possible.
This individual manages people (currently one direct report), including responsibility for setting individual and team expectations, delegating assignments and driving performance, identifying talent needs, and coaching and developing team members.
DAY to DAY
Product and Innovation Leadership
- Defines products and identifies gaps and customer needs by identifying meaningful differentiation and best-in-class solutions to customer needs.
- Participates and contributes to annual product portfolio planning.
- Develops and manages the medium-term (1-to-2-year) view of product roadmaps that comprise the product group, making trade-off decisions on multiple products in a product group.
- Identifies relevant components of competitive analysis and organizes in-person customer research with user groups to gain an end-to-end real-world understanding of customer needs to inform and influence the product group and its product roadmaps
- Leads cross-functional teams to launch new products and drive the critical commercial path on brand innovation.
- Owns post-launch reviews, metrics, and customer feedback and incorporates learning into future launch and go-to-market plans; compiles learnings and best practices and shares with other teams within the enterprise.
- Represents the team in product group level discussions with internal and external stakeholders and strategic roadmap discussions with leadership.
Product Management/Packaging and Merchandising Leadership/Shopper Marketing
- Partners cross-functionally to manages PIM product information system to support successful omnichannel expansion.
- Working cross-functionally with sales, regulatory, owns and maintains the company’s GS1 platform, and ensures teams are equipped to upload to customer portals.
- Leads a cross-functional team to develop and execute strategies and tactics supporting MAPPS, merchandising, assortment, pricing, promotion, and shelving goals.
- Leads the development of merchandising solutions.
- Leads a cross-functional team (sales, ops, marketing) to develop annual pricing and promotion strategies for profitable growth.
- With the VP of Marketing, executes packaging updates.
- With the Marketing Operations Manager leads the label management program, finding opportunities to optimize frequent updates.
- Serves as an advocate for the consumer and the teams that support customer and consumer excellence.
- Sets leadership expectations for the team; models behavior that demonstrates leadership principles
- Aligns team goals to broader organizational and talent development goals
Necessary Qualifications, Experience, & Qualities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 10 years of experience in two or more of the following: project management, product management, business analysis, program management, or product marketing
- 5 years of experience leading the digital product roadmap
- Experience marketing or managing products in the wellness space, such as supplements strongly preferred
- Prior leadership with an omnichannel retailer
- Top 25 omnichannel retailer a plus
- 10 years of experience in product and experience management
- 10 years of experience in translating business strategy into specific product features
- 5 years of leadership experience with direct report responsibility
- 5 years of demonstrated delivery of business results
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally
- Experience collaborating closely with senior leadership
- 3 years of experience managing operational and project financial budgets
- Experience providing guidance and direction to cross-functional resources
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Herb Pharm officially came to life in 1979 when its founders, Ed Smith and Sara Katz, set out to make extracts the right way in a wooded community of herb-enthusiasts in southern Oregon’s Josephine County. They set out to make liquid herbal products that were effective and undistorted, avoid the temptation to manipulate nature, and do it in ways that made their community and their environment stronger. This mission and values have propelled Herb Pharm forward ever since.
Over the next 10 years, as their products became more and more popular, they turned their home into a growing company hub. They built an addition that housed a lab to make extracts. Their home and lab became a classroom where Ed and Sara could pass their knowledge down to future herbalists. This training and educational system would eventually become the Herbaculture Internship Program.
To this day, the program is a powerful, residential, hands-on experience in herbalism. Many intern graduates have gone on to become herbalists in their own right. The program grew and formalized with the company. Today, herbal education is part of the fabric of the company.
Their mission is simple: to make the highest quality herbal extracts that stay as close to nature as possible. In everything they do, seeking to positively impact all that they do, from how they grow and process herbs to the way they treat customers and employees.
A Few Perks
- Small company focused on values-led culture, with potential for substantial direct impact with a company that has been operating for over 40 years
- #1 brand in herbal liquid extracts, fantastic reputation
- Marketing Leader is a veteran Mentor with loads of expertise in organics and natural products
- Tremendous potential for innovation and channel expansion
- Hybrid remote and office work flexibility with reasonable travel
- Amazing product discounts