Our client Thesis has retained Kent Employment to fill a newly created position for a Talent Acquisition Manager-HR Generalist! Working under the direction of the Director Human Resources, this is an opportunity to create an exceptional TA function for this digital agency. If you are ready to own this function and sit in the driver’s seat, reach out and let’s talk!
Who is Thesis?
eROI is now Thesis, a digital agency in Portland, OR. They are hell-bent on humanizing the relationship between people and brands, which starts with our teams: real people doing real work.
Come as you are. Bring what you bring.
The name is new, but they have been around for 17 years. In contrast to their former identity that reflected what they do, they chose the name Thesis as it better represents how they do it: a full-service agency believing their strength is in their approach—believing how the work they make is only as strong as the thought—and data—they put behind it.
The Talent Acquisition Manager-HR Generalist will be a key member of the HR team and is responsible for sourcing, screening, interviewing, and hiring candidates for Thesis, Inc. This individual will drive and manage the full cycle recruiting process and onboarding of employees. The position involves close collaboration with managers and senior leadership. Additionally, this position will provide support to the Director Human Resource and the human resources function.
As a person, you are
An energetic, experienced Talent Acquisition Professional who also enjoys and is capable of performing HR duties. You are passionate about recruiting with a commitment to creating and providing an excellent candidate experience to any potential applicant that is interested in working with Thesis. An out of the box thinker who can develop and build HR programs aimed at attracting a diverse pool of talented candidates. A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, encouraging women, vets, minorities and those with disabilities to apply.
As a worker, you will
You are not afraid of conflict, actively working with colleagues and/or partners to resolve issues. You are trusted by your coworkers, collaborative with partners, and the management team. You keep a level head under pressure. You take initiative and leap at leadership opportunities. You effectively communicate with all parties involved in the recruitments. You can understand the big picture while zeroing in on the details. You are comfortable making judgment calls as necessary, knowing when to consult colleagues and management. You communicate and present work effectively, collaborating closely with team members and candidates from the initial contact through hire and onboarding them for long term success.
• Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs; sources, screens, and interviews candidates; assists management in the selection, makes employment offers, conducts negotiation, and onboarding; manages employment and compliance to regulatory concerns regarding employees.
• Manages the candidate selection processes, which includes phone screens, interviews, references, etc. to ensure quality hires are selected.
• Builds strong relationships with managers, employees, and candidates by delivering high-level recruitment services.
• Deploys the latest recruitment technologies, skills, and methodologies to provide the company with a competitive advantage in placing outstanding talent in open positions.
• Advocates and prioritizes Thesis’s diversity, equity and inclusion intention, goals, and programs in all aspects of this job.
• Builds relationships with a variety of diversity programs, schools, trade associations, other networking groups, and communities to build Thesis’s brand awareness.
• Functions as a consultant, advisor, and recruitment specialist to directors, managers and staff.
• Participates and represents the company in outreach events, trade shows, job fairs, and programs.
• Partners with leadership to analyze compensation and generate compelling competitive offers for selected candidates while maintaining compensation equity within Thesis.
• Adept at using social media as a tool for finding qualified high-caliber employees.
• Stay current with industry thought leaders and recruiting trends.
• Assists managers in developing job descriptions that are thorough, accurate, and legally compliant.
• Develops internships and college recruiting strategies and programs to expand employer branding and support Thesis’s commitment to the Emerging Leadership Intern program.
• Creates a pipeline of candidates for both current and future openings based upon agency strategy and anticipated short- and long-range positions.
• Provide both strategic and tactical support to the Director Human Resources on all personnel matters and assists-shares responsibilities of benefits administration, compliance, and file maintenance.
As for experience, you need
• A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 5 years significant corporate recruitment experience working on a wide variety of positions and at most levels, agency recruitment preferred
• Demonstrated experience developing recruiting strategies for hard to fill roles
• Experience with competency-behavioral based interviewing
• Experience leading owning the end to end recruitment process
• Experience in database management
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of current personnel practices and labor & employment law
• Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment where priorities are constantly shifting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to deal with sensitive, confidential, and urgent issues
• Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality
• Excellent organizational, research and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work with a variety of individuals and circumstances in assessing concerns and resolving escalated issues
• Highly proficient computer skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to assess issues and escalate appropriately
• Effectiveness at building collaborative relationships and working effectively with internal departments, vendors, management, and peers
Workplace equity is not a single checkbox.
It’s a new way of thinking, of working, and of moving through the world. At Thesis, they prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion. You’ll see this in their hiring practices, growth plans, and workplace programs—because the agency, their work, and our society are better when diverse perspectives come together.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Age