How would you like to step away from the technical and more redundant grind of purely reviewing tax returns and instead act as a more holistic advisor to your tax clients? Would you enjoy being empowered to change and build within the fastest-growing part of the business? Kent Employment Solutions has a new retained recruitment for a Tax Director on behalf of our Lake Oswego client, Aldrich Wealth LP. The ideal candidate is a polished CPA or JD with 8+ years of tax planning/prep and a solid technical tax aptitude interested in leading a team advising high net worth individuals. – Reach out today for more information – email@example.com/(503) 293-5627
- Break out of the traditional CPA lane into a business advisor role with a fast-growing group of highly motivated professionals working collaboratively to leverage each other’s expertise in service of their clients
- Find balance and new challenges away from the typical tax cycle and day after day of “technical reviews” and compliance, compliance, compliance
- Instead, be a more holistic business advisor
- Great natural base of client referrals in a fee-based advisor structure
- Organic growth and shareholder track potential
The Tax Director manages a small team of tax professionals within the Tax Excellence Hub. The Tax Excellence Hub serves high net worth individuals that are being serviced within Aldrich Wealth LP (AW). Professionals in this Hub work together with a team of advisors, with varying disciplines, to serve these clients.
- Coordinate and oversee tax preparation, review, and delivery of tax returns and tax planning for the Tax Excellence Hub
- Coordinate with relationship managers throughout the year regarding tax needs for client meetings
- Maintain and develop client relationships of the firm
- Participate in the business development activities of the firm, including leading certain business development initiatives when appropriate
- Attend sales meetings to represent the tax discipline
- Preparation of all mid-year and year-end reviews for Tax Excellence Hub professionals, in addition to guiding on career pathing and contributions to overall development
- Determine and communicate staffing needs to AW President
- Lead the technical development for all members of the Tax Excellence Hub
- Responsible for the quality of all tax work delivered to clients
- Development of the services available and format of delivery to our clients
- Responsible for the accuracy of all tax planning work as it relates to the actual tax return results
- Develop institutional process for tax planning and tax preparation work and delivery
- Collaborate with other excellence hub leaders to provide a coordinated approach to serving clients, and additional value add to the cumulative services provided to our clients
- Oversee billing structure and fee quotes for tax services and tax planning
- Responsible for written communications from the Tax Excellence Hub for general marketing or client communications
- Develop projects and goals for the tax team to further the initiatives of the Tax Excellence Hub and the overall business
- Strategize and coordinate with our Chief Investment Officer on achieving our desired objective of “tax-efficient investing”
- Prepare high-value deliverables and review client’s needs for extended services and consulting within the firm.
- Be an expert and point person for technical tax questions for the Tax Excellence Hub
- CPA or JD
- High level of technical tax aptitude
- Proficiency with both business and individual returns
- 8 years or greater tax planning and prep to include work with high net worth individual returns and clients
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Ability to act as a broad/holistic trusted advisor, build rapport with high net worth clients
- Outstanding at engaging with people
- Supervisory experience
- Masters of Tax preferred
About Our Client
Aldrich CPAs and Advisors LLP is a growing west coast regional firm of independent CPAs and advisors. The Aldrich Group brings experienced CPAs, wealth advisors, benefits advisors, and retirement plan experts together to provide accounting, auditing, tax compliance, international consulting, business valuation, financial planning, wealth management and business consulting services to our clients.
Accounting Today ranks Aldrich as one of the top 100 accounting firms in the country. We offer a suite of services tailored to fit the individual needs of diverse industries like agribusiness, construction, government, global services, and emerging business, healthcare, manufacturing and distribution, nonprofit, telecommunications, and utilities.
Aldrich’s leadership philosophy encompasses the firm’s clearly defined mission, vision, and values: “Helping our clients achieve their goals.” Quality service is the greatest product Aldrich offers. We take great pride in our integrity and ability to deliver on our commitments to clients. We bring fresh and innovative solutions to resolve client issues and listen intently to their needs while working to exceed their expectations.
Aldrich is one of those unique professional services firms that have deep technical expertise and resources with a regional presence while still maintaining personal service. Aldrich is an equal opportunity employer.
Salary and Benefits
Our employees enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes base salary and incentive compensation, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, flexible benefits plan, 401(k) plan including profit-sharing and match, paid holidays, paid volunteer time, paid parental leave, paid sabbatical, as well as vacation and sick leave in the form of a paid-time-off bank.
Kent Employment Solutions has been exclusively retained to handle this recruitment process, and Aria HR is partnering in the recruitment process. We are personally sourcing, screening, and vetting any potential candidates. Our client should not be contacted directly. We appreciate you respecting the process by reaching out to us directly.